Terms & Conditions
Customer Declarations: You declare that
- You are over the legal age of 18 years.
- You are one of the registered owners of the property at the installation address and your name is on the title deed of the installation address.
- you are never received or have never been approved for any rebate, financial assistance solar credit or small scale technology certificate(STCs) for small generation solar power system at the installation address.
Payment & STC’s:
- SolarSeed must have the final payment prior to OR on the day of installation by Credit Card or cheque. If you prefer Electronic Fund Transfer(EFT) the transaction must be completed 48 Hours prior to the installation and you must provide us with written proof of the transfer. The customer must provide Credit Card details/cheque/EFT Receipt to Installer prior to the installation. The installation will not be carried out until we receive the payment.
- You are agreeing to pay SolarSeed the STC’s as part payment for your system. The STC’s will be paid directly to SolarSeed or SolarSeed agent. If the office of Clean Energy Regulator(http://ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/) determines you are not eligible to receive STC’s, and therefore SolarSeed is unable to receive STC’s as part payment, you will be liable to pay SolarSeed the value of STC’s, as determined by the market rates.
- If you are not eligible for STC’s, or if you wish to claim the STC’s incentive yourself, the complete payment(including the trading cost of STC’s) of the system is due before installation.
- You acknowledge that if you breach any conditions of the STC’s, incentive regulations, you may be financially liable to the office of Clean Energy Regulator (http://ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/). If you commit any breach of the incentive regulation, you may acknowledge that SolarSeed will not be liable to you.
- SolarSeed or a SolarSeed Agent will arrange for the complete documentation and processing of the sale of STC’s. You acknowledge that the price of STC’s is governed by market movements and the REC guidelines. If the market price falls below a certain price, SolarSeed may decide to delay the installation until the price rises to a higher level. SolarSeed may also refuse to carry out the installation and refund you the complete deposit, if the market price falls below the certain price, as determined by SolarSeed at its absolute discretion.
- If you fail to pay any amount that is due and payable under this agreement, SolarSeed will be entitled to charge interest on the unpaid amount at the current Reserve Bank target cash rate plus 2%. You will also have to pay SolarSeed any cost associated with the recovery of such unpaid amounts. (This does not apply Certegy Ezi – Pay Customers)
- Title and ownership of the solar system will vets in you upon SolarSeed receiving complete payment from you for the cost of the solar system. (This does not apply to Certegy Ezi – Pay Customers)
- Failure to pay the complete amount may result in SolarSeed taking legal action against you and it will void all warranties. (This does not apply to Certegy Ezi – Pay Customers)
Authority of access to the property
- You authorise SolarSeed and its contractors, employees and installers full access to the property at reasonable times to carry out all the work associated with the installation of your solar system, including site inspections, the signing of required paperwork, the delivery and installation of the PV Solar system, and connection to the grid.
- Your co-operation is required to enable site inspection/installation to occur at the earliest possible time that is convenient to SolarSeed.
Liabilities and Risk
- the ownership and insurance risk of the PV system passes to you upon installation and SolarSeed receiving full payment for the solar system. It is your responsibility to ensure that your property insurance adequately covers the cost of your PV solar system.
- You acknowledge SolarSeed accepts no liability or responsibility of your STC’s incentive as administered by the office of Clean Energy Regulator (http://ret.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/).
- You acknowledge SolarSeed accepts no liability or responsibility of your STC’s Bonus, also known as the “feed-in tariff incentive” as administered by the relevant State or Territory government.
- SolarSeed accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to your property by the installer which has not been caused by the baby the installer’s negligence. All SolarSeed installers are subcontractors who are required by SolarSeed to have appropriate third party damage insurance, under relevant state and territory laws. SolarSeed will work with you and the installer to rectify any damage caused to your property by the installer’s negligence.
- You acknowledge that SolarSeed will not be responsible for any damage caused to old and brittle roofing tiles that may be cracked or damaged during installation.
- SolarSeed accepts no responsibility for any additional costs associated you are your need to obtain an upgrade of your existing meter box or the installation of a new gross/net. SolarSeed will not be liable for any unexpected costs which may arise in relation to the removed and handling of asbestos at your property in relation to the installation of the solar system.
- The SolarSeed quote does not include the costs of any writing or any associated work required to connect your inverter to a meter box which is remotely located from the inverter (i.e. where the meter box is not attached to the same structure as the inverter such as the house or the garage). In the event that the meter box is located remotely from the inverter location and such costs are not provided for in the relevant SolarSeed quote, you will be required to arrange and pay for the performance of this electrical work separately from the installation of the solar system.
- Additional minimum charges may be applicable for a split system in more than one row, for the horizontally fixing array, and extra charges for meter box upgrade, if applicable they will be listed on the contract.
Delivery and Installation
- SolarSeed will make every responsible effort to install your system in a timely manner. however, we will not be bound to meeting estimated or proposed delivery installation or system completion dates as we have no control over for example worldwide materials availability, peaks in demand created by changes in government legislation, in inclement weather and/or other forms of force majeure. Delayed installation or grid connection is not a valid reason for claiming a refund or compensation from SolarSeed. Please note that no responsibility for the delay in installations is acceptable if customer details including installation site are incorrect.
- Before the installation can commence, and modifications to your roof take place you are required to arrange payments with the scheduling department for the balance payment of the system and that the goods remain the property of SolarSeed until your payment or finance payment, if applicable, is received.
- If you have any preference regarding panel/inverter placement, you are required informing the installer when they arrive on property.
- If you are not present at the property during the time of installation, you are required to authorise an adult to be present at the property to sign all documents and assume complete responsibility.
- You are agreed to provide SolarSeed with whatever personal information is required for the efficient functioning of SolarSeed on your behalf, in particular for the accurate completion of the paperwork for the STC’s incentive (selling the STC’s) and network connection to the grid.
- SolarSeed will provide your information to its contractors, employees and installers only as required to effectively perform their duties.
- SolarSeed will provide your information, on your behalf to the relevant bodies for the processing the STC’s incentive (selling the STC’s), to the electricity distributor for connecting your PV solar system to the grid and if required to your electrician retailer.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, SolarSeed will not provide your personal information to any third parties other than those mentioned above.
- You must have all necessary documents on the date of installation for the performance of all the party’s obligations under this arrestment.
- SolarSeed will not sell your personal information under any circumstances.
- The system comes with up to 10-years installation warranty from SolarSeed in conjunction with the manufacturer’s warranty. SolarSeed does provide any kind of warranties on the monitoring system and will be outlined in the contract if purchased.
Cooling off period
- You understand that under Australian Consumer Law and relevant state Building Act you are entitled to a cooling-off period go ten(10) Business days - where required. notification must be received by SolarSeed in writing via e-mail, fax or post.
- If the customer agrees to install within 10 Business days of quote date, then the cool-off period will automatically cease.
- Financing is not advertised specials. Terms and conditions of repayment of finance and interest will be provided by the finance company.
- SolarSeed may terminate this contract with you if either of the following occurs.
- You do not abide by the terms and conditions.
- There are delays on the SolarSeed process causing supplier prices to increase in which case the full deposit will be refunded.
- SolarSeed has full authority to cancel the installation if the installation cannot be possible. Customer will receive a full refund of any deposit by cheque or other methods.
- You may terminate this contract or agreement within the first 10 Business days of the quote date. You may be eligible to get a refund of deposit after deducting administrative charges. We normally procure the material or equipment within two weeks receiving the signed copy of the contract. Customers would have to pay the material cost if the job is cancelled after two weeks of receiving the signed copy of the contract.